People do tend to forget when they last had their boiler serviced, so I will write or phone to remind you.
When you call me, I will be pleased to arrange a timed or Saturday morning appointment if you prefer.I work full time and it is very difficult for me to get time off. Can you give me a timed appointment or do I need to hang around for you the whole day?
When you call me, I will be pleased to arrange a timed or Saturday morning appointment if you prefer.
It will not make any mess in your house as dust sheets will be used and I have a vacuum cleaner.
From start to finish it takes approx 1 hour-it depends on what model of boiler you have got. The cost is standard though.
After some preliminary tests, I will strip your boiler down, clean out any dust build-up, check the operation of all the safety devices on the boiler, check and if necessary adjust the gas pressure-the final check is carried out using an electronic device called a combustion performance tester. Once I have completed the service on your boiler I will then check and test your whole central heating system, radiators & tanks even the ones in your loft! (some heating systems don’t have tanks!).
That is true. But the problem with a gas boiler leaking carbon monoxide is that there is NO smell.
When your boiler is working to provide you with heat & hot water, it is burning gas inside a precision made device which is dependant on- All the flue seals being sound, the air supply & ventilation being adequate, all the boiler safety devices functioning correctly, the correct gas pressure being present, the boiler being clean and all the components being intact. So although your boiler may seem to be working fine-it may in fact not be working in a safe condition!
Yes, since I left school I have been a boiler and central heating engineer, I started as an apprentice in 1981 with British Gas and stayed with them until October 2004.
GAS SAFE check the competency of gas service engineers by making sure they have passed both practical and theory exams relating to the installation and maintenance of gas appliances. By law any person working on gas appliances and pipework must be GAS SAFE registered.
For your boiler to work safely & economically, all boiler manufacturers recommend that the appliance is serviced each year by a competent person (GAS SAFE registered).
- Can you remind me when the servicing is due each year?
- I work full time and it is very difficult for me to get time off. Can you give me a timed appointment or do I need to hang around for you the whole day?
- Smoke alarms are available in case of fire, is there a device for carbon monoxide?
- Does it make any mess in my house?
- How long does a boiler service take?
- How can you tell if my boiler is working safely and economically after you have serviced it?
- Is it true they put a smell in gas so we can tell if it leaks?
- My boiler seems to be working perfectly fine, so why should I bother getting it serviced?
Thames Valley Boilercare Ltd
12 Prestwick Burn,